This role is for a technically savvy, entrepreneurial business development professional who enjoys building personal client relationships as well as developing and delivering tailored support and solutions to meet clients’ needs for IP commercialisation in a fast moving international business environment.
Your work will be to identify and work with clients who need to protect, manage and equally importantly commercialise their IP in Asia especially Greater China. This will entail business development and sales of conventional IP related services provided by our Chinese partner, such as patent prosecution and registrations of trademark and copyrights in China, as well as selling and delivering bespoke services and consultancies on China IP /tech licensing & management:
- Developing new commercially viable IP related service offerings with viable business and financial model, jointly with our strategic partner
- Building and managing strategic client and key stakeholder relationships, working at the senior levels across all sizes of organisations
- Providing consultancy and support to clients in assessing commercial potentials, evaluating and negotiating of deals involving their IP
- Hands-on planning, managing and delivering of work to clients, applying technical expertise and commercial insight
- Acting as the key interface with our service delivery partners and ensure on time and successful project delivery
- Producing regular IP focused thought leadership articles to help the company’s overall marketing
- Providing support to the company in organizing IP themed events
Rough breakdown of work
- 50% Business Development & Sales
- 30% Project Delivery & Client Services
- 15% Research & Content Creation
- 5% Team Contribution
Essential Skills Requirements
You must be able to demonstrate successful business development, sales and consulting, and project management skills within the professional services industry selling intellectual property related services, and have led and delivered relevant projects. In particular,
- At least five years of relevant work experience in IP protection, patent licensing, tech transfer and commercialization, either as an in-house IP professional or working as an intermediary for IP related transactions
- Established contacts and network with IP attorneys, and IP rich organisations in UK and Europe
- Expertise in IP management for specific tech domains such as electronics, information and communication technology, engineering, and life sciences
- Good business English copywriting skills
- A university bachelors’ degree, with a Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in IP based financing and fundraising
- Experience and interest in public speaking
- A passion for connecting the West with East, with a willingness for multicultural understanding
A few more details about the role:
- The position is full time, based in Cambridge, with onsite working required for significant part of working days
- This role will involve UK and occasional international travels.
- 28 days paid holidays including public and bank holidays
- Sales commission
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Workplace pension
- Option to subscribe to the company’s tax efficient employee share option scheme (EMI)
This is a great opportunity to join a small entrepreneurial and multicultural team as a core addition to our in-house expertise, whilst working in a dynamic, friendly, young and ambitious company. We hope you can personally make a real difference at this important stage of our company’s development.
How to Apply
To apply, please write to career@Crayfish.io with your full resume and a cover letter explaining how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post.
As part of your application you will be asked to provide details of two referees and indicate whether we can contact them now.
All applications must be received by 5pm GMT on the closing date: Feb 24, 2023.