We are Crayfish.io (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Crayfish.io”,“Crayfish”) incorporated in England and Wales under company number 10450327 with registered office at St Johns Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, U.K. We operate the website www.Crayfish.io and associated mobile applications.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) we are the data controller
The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, nationality, job description, health related data, date of birth, e-mail address or mailing address.
The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for the Crayfish site.
Collection of Personal Data including email addresses
We may collect and process Personal Data about you as follows:
- If you provide Information to us by filling in forms on our website. This may include information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages and posting in WorkSpace making or receiving payments through the Crayfish Holding Account or requesting further services.
- Details of transactions you carry out via our website.
- We may ask you for information when you report an issue or concern or we have or receive a complaint or query about you (whether or not a formal Dispute is raised).
- We may keep a record of correspondence between you and us.
- From time to time, we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and to improve our services, although you are not obliged to participate.
- Details of the messages you send and receive using WorkSpace including without limitation, the contents of that message. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
- We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information received from third parties. For instance, credit reference agencies, search information providers, PayPal, other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
Use of Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of new products and services we will be providing
- To send you regular updates on issues relating to Crayfish and/or our Services that we think will be of interest to you
- To send you requested information on our products and services
- To provide you with the services offered by us via this website, to administer this website and to help us improve our services
- If we consider it necessary, in order to facilitate fulfilment of a project.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To manage risk, or to investigate, detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, suspected fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
We hope you will be delighted with our services.
However, if you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select “unsubscribe” from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively contact us.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information, which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies or third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- Where you have expressly consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other companies within our group of companies or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
- In order to apply or enforce our terms of service, our policies or any other agreements between you and us.
- We may pass on your Personal Data to other users of this website if they confirm to us in writing that they intend to issue proceedings or take legal action against you.
- Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other websites
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage, to your Personal Data. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your Personal Data, we do not promise that your Personal Data, or other interactions with the Site, other users or us will always remain secure.