Language & Culture
English/Chinese Language Services
Fast & cost-effective English/Chinese Language Services
We provide a full range of English/ Chinese language services including but not limited to translation, interpreting, video subtitling, voice over video, translating brand and product names and bilingual logo design.
+ light review from £20*
24 hour turnaround**
- In-house machine translation engine
- Light proof-reading to correct serious mistakes
- Suitable for a general understanding only
Hire translators from £50*
48 hour turnaround**
- Human translation by approved freelancers
- Optional quality control by curated Crayfish proof-reader, from £20 (recommended)
- For general business communication
Human Translation + Quality control from £80*
48 hour turnaround**
- Human translation and proof-reading
- Quality control by a dedicated Crayfish project manager
- Suitable for more formal purposes
* All prices are per 1000 words and are exclusive of VAT
** Turnaround time is for documents less than 1000 words
Prices mentioned above are indicative and suggested for budgeting purposes only. For projects posted on our Marketplace, the final prices are subject to acceptance of proposals made by bidding freelancers after your source document is made available.
Interpretation: Crayfish offers consecutive and simultaneous interpreters at competitive rates. You can either post your requirements directly on our platform or contact us for a free quote.
This depends on your budget, but it is advisable to hire an interpreter in the city where you are visiting. If you visit more than one city then you can even consider hiring a different one for each location, to save your travel costs. However, the advantage of using the same interpreter for the whole visit is consistency – saving you time in briefing each interpreter.
As a minimum, you should consider getting a one-page summary translated about your company, your product or service and your business track record. You can then post the same page on your website. Then you can make bullet points to put into a presentation format. For China, you need to make sure the Chinese characters used are simplified Chinese not traditional Chinese – traditional is only used in the territory of Hong Kong or in Taiwan.