Is it a good time for freelancers and SEMs to target China? and how? Our CEO Ting Zhang talked to Freelancer Informer and shared her insights:
Why should SME businesses enter China?
- Mainland China is the only region globally to have grown by 45% this year to reach €44 billion, and the share of domestic purchases made reached 80-85% this year.
- Companies offering experience-based services such as food and drink could see faster #recovery than personal goods, but some experiences will lag if they rely on tourism.
How can Western freelancers be successful in getting work from China-based clients?
- Know what to expect when working with Chinese companies. Act fast, be accessible during China’s working hours, and learn how to use Wechat
- Make sure to have an edge, such as offering client savings, solutions, or knowledge not available in China; Chinese companies are very cost-conscious.
- Offer 'aspirational products’ that represents quality and status to compete with domestic service providers.
Read Ting’s full insights and many more tips: https://bit.ly/3mFpNff